BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 12, 2010

My family history and traditions

Well I don't really know that much about my family history and neither do my parents, but a tradition from my dads side of the family is going to Elephant butte lake. I don't know if that's really a tradition, but my grandpa been taking my dad and my aunties there ever since they were little and my dad been taking me since I was a little baby. I have no idea how long my family has been going there before my grandpa. Over the years the lake has changed a lot well that's what my dad was telling me.
He would tell me that the water went down a lot since he was a little kid. That lake is really dry and hot so you have to always wear sunblock, but I still love it there. I always look forward to going there every summer. When I'm older and I have my own family I'm going to start taking them over there to and maybe the tradition will go on for many years after. Hopefully Elephant butte lake doesn't dry out because they are always taking out water.

0 comments: